This website describes the Nonpartisan, Nonhierarchic
and Universal Strategic Plan
for a Permanently
Peaceful, Prosperous, Just, Sustainable World (GM&USP)
To change something create a new model that makes the old one obsolete"
Thanks for visiting PeopleNow.org which describes and provides easy access to the various elements of the Nonpartisan, Nonhierarchic (no sacred rulers) Global Movement and Universal Strategic Plan for a Permanently Peaceful, Prosperous, Just, Sustainable World (GM&USP).
The GM&USP, by no means complete, provides a framework into which additional Actions, Action Plans, Elements and Ideas can easily be inserted. Questions, comments, suggestions and help to refine and implement it are welcomed and can be forwarded to PeopleNow.org via email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or fax 703-521-0849.
PeopleNow.org, with help from many individuals and organizations, has analyzed injustices and problems in the world, their underlying causes and why, despite our many efforts, we still have these injustices some of which are getting worse e.g. wars in the Mideast, the occupation of Palestine, attacks against Gaza, and wealth inequalities.
T he primary reason we are not being as successful as we should, could
and must be is that we are not working together from a common set of plans
and don't have a way to coordinate the massive amount of work that must be
he primary reason we are not being as successful as we should, could and must be is that we are not working together from a common set of plans and don't have a way to coordinate the massive amount of work that must be done.
Many, if not most, of the thousands of organizations, movements, campaigns, alliances and millions of individuals working on reform and change, are primarily working either alone or in "stovepipe organizations" using different agendas and plans. Many are duplicating each other’s efforts. Critically needed items are not being accomplished. Some are working on unneeded items. We are inundated with important emails from a myriad of sources e.g. on TPP and fast track over the past several months
Of course, most of what we do has some value -- we educate ourselves and publicize injustices. However, if we get organized and work from a common set of plans, we will do much more much faster with less total effort.
The Zeitgeist Movement contends that the majority of the problems which plague the human species are "Symptoms" born out of an outdated social structure and calls for the installation of a [completely] new socioeconomic model.
In his book, the Sane Society, Eric Fromm states: Change must be a simultaneous change in economic, education, political and cultural spheres. Changes restricted to one sphere are destructive of every change.
For example as wars and conflicts are ended and the world disarms, there must be:
- Jobs at living wages for the millions of armed forces personnel
and Defense Department and defense contractor civilian personnel
- Funds for these jobs,
- Job training
- Honest, dedicated public servants that will enact and enforce the necessary
- Full employment at living wages for everyone else
Otherwise, ending wars alone will increase unemployment, drive down wages and destroy immigration, prison, labor reform and many other changes as Eric Fromm predicts
This does not imply that we should not end all wars immediately. It means that we must plan ahead and have the jobs, funds, training, legislation and materials available when needed.
Permanently ending wars, poverty, wealth inequities, unemployment, homelessness, hunger and all other significant injustices, installing the new Zeitgeist socioeconomic model, making the necessary changes in essentially all “spheres" will require hundreds of Actions. Implementing all the Actions will require thousands of tasks and subtasks.
The general approach is to:
- List in the Common Agenda, all significant Actions, which must be accomplished to have a permanently peaceful, prosperous, just, sustainable world. This includes all the United Nations’ Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and proposed Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs),
- Group related Actions into about three dozen Action Plans
- Build and maintain a nonpartisan, nonhierarchic global matrix network of partner organizations and individuals by issues/actions, nine digit zip codes, neighborhoods, communities, cities, states, and political districts
- Request individuals and organizations add their own Actions and Actions Plans to the Common Agenda if they are not already in it and volunteer to work on or take the lead on specific Actions and Action Plans in which they are interested
- Ultimately the Action Plans will be on the web sites of the organizations or individuals taking the lead refining and implementing one or more of the Significant Actions or Action Plans with a central office coordinating the prioritizing and sequencing of events with an advanced project management system. To facilitate this a numbering system has been developed wherein every significant part/paragraph of the strategic plan has a unique number.
This Global Movement and Universal Strategic Plan (GM&USP) outlines strategies, plans and tools for the millions of dedicated individuals and thousands of organizations working on reform and change all over the world to refine and implement these actions, tasks and subtasks.
This GM&USP initially focuses on the United States. Parallel Individual Movements and Plans for cities, states, other nations and the United Nations that mimic the GM&USP will be developed beginning with the United Nations and Washington DC - see Highlights of the Movement and Plan for a Prosperous, Just, Sustainable Washington DC. Lessons learned from all these Movements and Plans will be fed back into this master GM&USP.
By clicking on the menu to the left, you can review the parts of the Movement and Strategic Plan that you are particularly interested in and once we are better organized Subscribe to receive emails, work on specific Actions or Action Plans from the Common Agenda with others and/or have your organization or you become an Equal Partner in the Global Nonhierarchic Matrix Network.
Peoplenow.org will help coordinate not manage the efforts of others who volunteer to help refine and implement the GM&USP or specific Actions and refine and implement the Actions that no one else will.
With all the advances in productivity and technology there should be no poverty, malnutrition or homelessness anywhere in the world today.
There should be no wars, conflicts or nuclear weapons. International law requires that the settlement or solution of all disputes or conflicts of whatever nature or of whatever origin they may be, which may arise among them, shall never be sought except by pacific means. (Kellogg-Briand Pact of 1928)
We are at a crossroad and despite our hard work, we progressive are behind and will be further behind if we do not work together using this or a similar set of common plans.
If we continue with the current failed monetary and political systems and allow corporation executives to control our public servants, institutions and elections, we will have:
- Increasing worldwide unemployment, poverty, malnutrition, hunger, diseases,
homelessness, wealth divide and a massive depression
- Cuts in social security, Medicare, welfare programs and public
- Endless wars, occupations, militarism and empire building
- Increasing global warming, rising sea levels and super storms
- More torture, abuse, extraordinary renditions, false arrests and non-judicial
- Chronic water and energy shortages, environment degradation and natural resource depletion
President Eisenhower on the Costs of War and the Military Industrial Complex (MIC)
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." —Dwight D. Eisenhower, "The Chance for Peace" speech, April 16, 1953
"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of
unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial
complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and
—Dwight D. Eisenhower, Farewell Address, January 17, 1961
I wish to thank all who have contributed to this Global Movement and Strategic Plan and not finding the time to acknowledge the contributions
It is still a work in progress and by no means complete. It provides a framework into which additional ideas and elements can easily be inserted. Comments, suggestions, and help to refine and implement this plan are welcomed and can be forwarded to PeopleNow.org via email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 703-521-0849.
If we work together, continually refine and implement this Global Movement and Universal Strategic Plan, we will have a permanently peaceful, prosperous, just, sustainable world.
Executive Director, PeopleNow.org
Coordinator, Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington, Peace through Justice (GPtJ) Working Group
Coordinator, Veterans for Peace (VFP) Democracy, Constitution, War Powers and Prosecute War Criminals Working Groups
Arlington, VA 22204