To change something create a new model that makes the old one obsolete"
This website describes the Nonpartisan, Nonhierarchic (no sacred rulers) Massive Global Movement and Universal Strategic Plan for a Permanently Peaceful, Prosperous, Just, Sustainable World (MGM&USP) which outlines an overall strategy, common plans and tools for the millions of dedicated individuals and thousands of organizations working on reform and change all over the world to help them to work together better. To do this we must:
1. Accomplish urgent priority actions, including in particular the following Action Plans and make their accomplishment subjects of the debates and issues in all election campaigns as outlined in Common Action Plan #16. Make Elections about Each Candidate’s Character, Performance and Positions on Issues/Actions, Allow Very Limited Campaign Contributions from Citizens Only and Reform Elections
Take all Nuclear Weapons Off Alert.
End All U.S. Wars, Occupations,
Use of Force, Sanctions, Military Alliances and Empire Building, Close
Overseas Bases and Bring all Troops and Contractors Home,
- #22. Prevent an Economic Collapse and Depression, End the Recession, Vacate as Null and Void the Federal Reserve Act of 1913, Nationalize the Federal Reserve, End Foreclosures and Provide Community Banking
- #2. Ensure Everyone in the World has at Least the Basic Necessities of Life no Later Than December 20, 2015 by Accelerating the UN Millennium and Sustainability Development Goals. See Action Plan #20.
Ensure Jobs at Meaningful Work
and Living Wages Are Available for All
primarily to provide affordable
Needs and Necessities for a
Decent Life for All Humankind Now and in the Future
Decrease the Rate and Degree of
Global Warming and Mitigate its Adverse Effects
including for example:
- #7. Build, Maintain and Operate a Comprehensive, Nationwide, Rail-Maglev Based, Transportation System Integrated with Local and International Systems that Will Significantly Reduce Automotive and Air Travel
- #19 Permanently Disarm, Demilitarize, Phase out and Outlaw All
Offensive Weapons and Standing Armed Forces. Convert 90% of all
DOD-MIC Personnel, Resources, Spending and Contracts for Use for
Peaceful Purposes with Transfers But No Involuntary Layoffs.
- #32. Eliminate Income, Sales, Estate, Corporate and All Other Taxes With One Exception -- a Progressive Property Tax on the Net Assets of All Individuals, Corporations, Businesses and Other Entities with More than $1 Million in Net Assets at All Levels of All Governments. Provide Generous Tax Deductions Based on Worthiness of Charitable Causes Being Supported
- #28. Support and Enforce the Rule of Law in Particular the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
2. Ultimately list all significant Actions, which must be accomplished to have a permanently peaceful, prosperous, just, sustainable world in a searchable Common Agenda of Actions and Action Plans with related Actions grouped into about three dozen Action Plans.
3. Ultimately link all individuals working on change and reform, via the Organization from whom the individual normally receives communications to the Massive Global Movement (MGM). These Organizations will continue to maintain their own email and address lists and add actions and action plans on which they are already working. Individuals and organizations will provide their Nine Digit Zip Code, which defines their Neighborhood, Community, City, States and Political Districts.
4. Request individuals and organizations add their own Actions and Actions Plans to the Common Agenda if they are not already in it and volunteer to work on or take the lead on specific Actions and Action Plans in which they are interested
5. Ultimately the Action Plans will be on the web sites of the organizations or individuals taking the lead refining and implementing one or more of the significant Actions or Action Plans with a central office coordinating the prioritizing and sequencing of Actions with an advanced project management and communication system based on a combination of IB
In his book, The Sane Society, Eric Fromm states: "Change must be a simultaneous change in economic, education, political and cultural spheres. Changes restricted to one sphere are destructive of every change."
This all requires hundreds of significant actions, thousands of tasks and subtasks and making changes in essentially all “spheres." Also, most of this work must be prioritized and sequenced. The thousands of organizations and millions of individuals working on reform around the world need a common set of plans and ways to coordinate the massive amount of work that must be done.
This must be done rapidly and absolutely nonviolently.
The MGM&USP initially focuses on the United States. Parallel Individual Movements and Plans that mimic the MGM&USP must be prepared for cities, states, other nations and the United Nations and its affiliated organizations beginning with Washington DC and the UN - see Highlights of the Movement and Plan for a Prosperous, Just, Sustainable Washington DC.
Everyone, in particular the 1%, should be educated as to the value of such a tax as it is implemented.
By no means complete, the MGM&USP provides a framework into which additional actions, action plans, elements and ideas can easily be inserted. Questions, comments, suggestions and help to refine and implement it are welcomed and can be forwarded to PeopleNow.org via email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 703-521-0849.
President Eisenhower's Warning to America
"In the councils of government, we must guard against
the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the
military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced
power exists and will persist."
—Dwight D. Eisenhower Text of Farewell Address, January 17, 1961
As depicted in Dwight Eisenhower's Warning to America
President Eisenhower's warning has gone unheeded. Wars, poverty and wealth inequalities unnecessarily persist.
We are at a crossroad and despite our hard work, we progressive are behind and will be further behind if we do not work together using this or a similar set of common plans.
If we continue with the current failed militarism, monetary and political systems and allow corporation executives to continue controlling our public servants, institutions and elections, we will have:
1. Increasing worldwide unemployment, poverty, malnutrition, hunger, diseases, homelessness, wealth divide and a massive depression
2. Cuts in social security, Medicare, welfare programs and public services
3. Endless wars, occupations, militarism and empire building
4. Increasing global warming, rising sea levels and super storms
5. More torture, abuse, extraordinary renditions, false arrests and non-judicial killings
6. Chronic water and energy shortages, environment degradation and natural resource depletion
Please review the parts of the MGM&USP in which you are interested. Subscribe to receive emails, work on specific Actions or Action Plans from the Common Agenda with others, and/or have your organization or you become an Equal Partner in the Global Nonhierarchic Matrix Network and/or read more in the Executive Summary of the MGM&USP
I wish to thank all who have contributed to this Massive Global Movement and Universal Strategic Plan and apologize for not finding the time to acknowledge all the contributors.
It is still a work in progress and by no means complete. It provides a framework into which additional ideas and elements can easily be inserted. Comments, suggestions, and help to refine and implement this plan are welcomed and can be forwarded to PeopleNow.org via email email@example.com or fax 703-521-0849.
If we work together, continually refine and implement this Global Movement and Universal Strategic Plan, we will have a permanently peaceful, prosperous, just, sustainable world.
Executive Director, PeopleNow.org
Coordinator, Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington, Peace through Justice (GPtJ) Working Group
Coordinator, Veterans for Peace (VFP) Democracy, Constitution, War Powers and Prosecute War Criminals Working Groups
Arlington, VA 22204