To change something create a new model that makes the old one obsolete"
Massive Global Movement and Universal Strategic
For a Permanently Peaceful, Prosperous, Just, Sustainable World
This website describes the Massive Global Movement and Universal Strategic Plan (MGM&USP) which provides an overall strategy, common plans, tools, and funding sources for the millions of dedicated individuals and thousands of organizations working on reform and change all over the world, in particular to help them to work together better. The MGM&USP is not intended to slow or stop ongoing, meaningful work.
The MGM&USP initially focuses on the United States. Parallel Individual Movements and Plans that mimic the MGM&USP will be prepared for cities, states, other nations and the United Nations and its affiliated organizations beginning with Washington DC and the UN - see Highlights of the Movement and Plan for a Prosperous, Just, Sustainable Washington DC.
The MGM&USP will do more than end war and poverty, it will provide peace and prosperity for all. To have this happen, the MGM&USP shows that with today's productivity, technology and accumulated knowledge, the tough problems and challenges that we face can be overcome--if we work together. These problems and challenges include:
- Over 1500 Russian and United States nuclear warheads are on hair-trigger
alert that would kill billions of people if used. U.S. and NATO officials
are provoking Russia along their border;
836 million people in the world living on less than $1.25 a day. 15,000 children dying each day from malnutrition and preventable diseases;
- Largest wealth and income divide of all time with 2,235 billionaires in the world and the economy is on the verge of collapse;
- The U.S. is doing some good things around the world; however, U.S. Federal Government officials have plans to attack countries and kill individuals with drones almost any place in the world, cut corporate taxes, etc.; but, no real plans to end poverty, homelessness, unemployment, malnutrition, campaign finance abuses, to conserve resources, slow and mitigate the effects of global warming, and repair and modernize infrastructue; etc.
See more Problems and Challenges.
This Movement and Strategic Plan:
1. Outlines all significant Actions including the Millennium and Sustainability Development Goals, that must be accomplished to have a permanently peaceful, prosperous, just, sustainable world, in the Common Agenda of Actions and Action Plans (with related Actions grouped into about three dozen Action Plans);
2. Requests individuals and organizations add their own Actions and Actions Plans to the Common Agenda and volunteer to work on or take the lead on specific Actions and Action Plans in which they are interested;
3. Lists all organizations and individuals working on reform in the Massive Global Matrix Network (MGMN) in the cloud. The MGMN lists individuals by partner organization issues and actions that they are interested in, and their nine-digit zip codes which define their neighborhoods, communities, cities, states and political districts;
4. Identifies the following Action Plans that should be accomplished immediately:
all Nuclear Weapons off Alert.
End All U.S. Wars, Occupations,
Use of Force, Sanctions, Military Alliances and Empire Building. Apologize
and Pay Reparations to Countries Harmed by the U.S. .Close Overseas Bases
and Bring all Troops and Contractors Home (Action
Prevent an Economic Crisis or Depression,
End the Recession, Nationalize the Federal Reserve, End Foreclosures and
Provide Community Banking (Action Plan #22);
- Ensure that Everyone in the World has at Least the Basic Necessities
of Life--no Later Than December 20, 2015--by Accelerating the UN Millennium
and Sustainability Development Goals. (Action Plan #2) (Also See Action
that Jobs at Meaningful Work and Living Wages Are Available for All--primarily to provide affordable
Needs and Necessities for a Decent
Life for All Humankind Now and in the Future (Action
Decrease the Rate and Degree of Global Warming
and Mitigate its Adverse Effects, including
in particular (Action Plan #25):
Build, Maintain and Operate a Comprehensive, Nationwide, Rail Maglev-Based Transportation System, Integrated with Local and International
Systems that Will Significantly Reduce Automobile and Air Travel
(Action Plan #7);
Disarm, Demilitarize, Phase Out and Outlaw All Offensive Weapons and
Standing Armed Forces. Convert 90% of all DOD-MIC Personnel, Resources,
Spending and Contracts for Use for Peaceful Purposes with Transfers
But No Involuntary Layoffs (Action Plan #19);
- Build, Maintain and Operate a Comprehensive, Nationwide, Rail Maglev-Based Transportation System, Integrated with Local and International Systems that Will Significantly Reduce Automobile and Air Travel (Action Plan #7);
of All Governments, Eliminate Income, Sales, Estate, Corporate
and All Other Taxes With One Exception -- a Progressive Property Tax on
the Net Assets of All Individuals, Corporations, Businesses and Other Entities
with More than $1 Million in Net Assets. Provide Generous Tax Deductions
Based on Worthiness of Charitable Causes Being Supported.
Everyone, in particular the 1%, should be educated as to the value of such
a tax as it is implemented (Action Plan #32);
- Support and Enforce the Rule of Law in Particular the Universal Declaration of Human Right and the Kellogg-Briand Pact (Action Plan #28).
Ultimately the Action Plans will be on the web sites of the organizations or individuals taking the lead refining and implementing one or more of the significant Actions or Action Plans with a central office coordinating the prioritizing and sequencing of Actions with an advanced project management and communication system based on a combination of IBM's Watson and Microsoft's Professional Project.
The Zeitgeist Movement contends that the majority of the problems which plague the human species are "Symptoms" born out of an outdated social structure and calls for the installation of a [completely] new socioeconomic model.
In his book, The Sane Society, Eric Fromm states: "Change must be a simultaneous change in economic, education, political and cultural spheres. Changes restricted to one sphere are destructive of every change."
This all requires hundreds of significant actions, thousands of tasks and subtasks and making changes in essentially all “spheres." Also, most of this work must be prioritized and sequenced. The thousands of organizations and millions of individuals working on reform around the world need a common set of plans and ways to coordinate the massive amount of work that must be done./p>
This must be done rapidly and absolutely nonviolently. Violence will not work and even if it did another faction more violent than us would eventually take over.
By no means complete, the MGM&USP provides a framework into which additional actions, action plans, elements and ideas can easily be inserted. Questions, comments, suggestions and help to refine and implement it are welcomed and can be forwarded to PeopleNow.org via email email@example.com or volunteer@PeopleNow.org fax 703-521-0849.
President Eisenhower's Warning to America
"In the councils of government, we must guard against
the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the
military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced
power exists and will persist."
—Dwight D. Eisenhower Text of Farewell Address, January 17, 1961
As depicted in Dwight Eisenhower's Warning to America
President Eisenhower's warning has gone unheeded. Wars, poverty and wealth inequalities unnecessarily persist.
We are at a crossroad and despite our hard work, we progressive are behind and will be further behind if we do not work together using this or a similar set of common plans.
If we continue with the current failed militarism, monetary and political systems and allow corporation executives to continue controlling our public servants, institutions and elections, we will have:
1. Increasing worldwide unemployment, poverty, malnutrition, hunger, diseases, homelessness, wealth divide and a massive depression
2. Cuts in social security, Medicare, welfare programs and public services
3. Endless wars, occupations, militarism and empire building
4. Increasing global warming, rising sea levels and super storms
5. More torture, abuse, extraordinary renditions, false arrests and non-judicial killings
6. Chronic water and energy shortages, environment degradation and natural resource depletion
Please review the parts of the MGM&USP in which you are interested. Subscribe to receive emails, work on specific Actions or Action Plans from the Common Agenda with others, and/or have your organization or you become an Equal Partner in the Global Nonhierarchical Matrix Network and/or read more in the Executive Summary of the MGM&USP
I wish to thank all who have contributed to this Massive Global Movement and Universal Strategic Plan and apologize for not finding the time to acknowledge all the contributors.
It is still a work in progress and by no means complete. It provides a framework into which additional ideas and elements can easily be inserted. Comments, suggestions, and help to refine and implement this plan are welcomed and can be forwarded to PeopleNow.org via email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 703-521-0849.
If we work together, continually refine and implement this Global Movement and Universal Strategic Plan, we will have a permanently peaceful, prosperous, just, sustainable world.
Executive Director, PeopleNow.org
Coordinator, Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington, Peace through Justice (GPtJ) Working Group
Coordinator, Veterans for Peace (VFP) Democracy, Constitution, War Powers and Prosecute War Criminals Working Groups
Arlington, VA 22204