Description of the
Nonpartisan, Nonheuristic, Nonviolent
Massive Global Movement and Universal Strategic Plan
For a Permanently Peaceful, Prosperous, Just, Sustainable World
This website describes the Massive Global Movement and Universal Strategic Plan (MGM&USP) that provides an overall strategy, common plans, tools, and funding-sources for the millions of outstanding-individuals and thousands of organizations in the world already working on change-and-reform.
The initial version of the MGM&USP focuses primarily
on the United States. Parallel, individual movements and plans that mimic the
U.S.'s will focus on cities, states, other nations, and the United Nations and
its related organizations.
The MGM&USP is not intended to slow or stop any
ongoing, meaningful work.
Why the MGM&USP is needed:
Collectively, we know what needs to be done. However, we are not working nearly well enough together. Millions are working alone or in stove-pipe organizations, duplicating many efforts, missing some actions and not working from a common-set of plans.
In his book, The Sane Society, Eric Fromm states: "Change must be a simultaneous change in economic, education, political and cultural spheres. Changes restricted to one sphere are destructive of every change."
For example, when wars are permanently ended and Department of Defense and Military-Industrial-Complex (DOD-MIC) personnel are released, there must be:
- Honest, caring, dedicated legislators who will pass the necessary legislation and a like-minded president who will ensure the laws are faithfully and fairly executed
- Full employment and jobs at living wages for everyone and for each person as they are released
- Funds for these jobs
- Job-training as necessary
- An educated, understanding public
- Enough public servants, reform-minded individuals, and organizations to do the above work simultaneously.
Otherwise, as Fromm predicts, releasing DOD-MIC personnel will:
- Increase unemployment
- Drive down wages
- Destroy efforts to find jobs for released nonviolent offenders and immigrant asylum seekers
- Destroy efforts to enact liberal-labor-reform and immigration-reform legislation, etc.
This does not mean that wars should not be ended immediately. However, we must plan ahead and be prepared.
The Zeitgeist Movement calls for the installation of a completely new socioeconomic model.
There are about three dozen National Polices and Action Plans and Actions to Be Accomplished that Others Are Working to the Common AgendaThis all will require a massive amount of coordinated work. If the thousands of organizations and millions of individuals, working on reform around the world, collaborate and work together loosely from the MGM&USP more reform will be accomplished faster with less total effort and costs..
To Accomplish This We Must:
1. List All All Significant Work to Be Accomplished in One Place the Common Agenda of National Policies, Action Plans and Actions. This includes the United Nations seventeen Sustainable Development Goals with 174 targets/goals, what others are working on and everything else that must be accomplished to have a permanently peaceful, prosperous, just, and sustainable world..
2. Include Everyone and all Movements, Organizations, and Groups, and Individuals Working
on Progressive Reform Around the World—in One Place:
Nonpartisan, Nonhierarchic, Massive Global Matrix Network (MGMN) of Individuals,
their Partner Organizations, Issues, Actions, Events with Nine Digit Zip Codes
for each, which Define Neighborhood, Community, City, State, and Political District.
3. Fund the MGM&USP from the Summary of Funding-Sources so that funding is available to rapidly do all the needed work.
4. Coordinate, Prioritize, and Sequence all Emergency Actions, Tasks and Subtasks Manually at First and Then Others with an Advanced Project Management and Communication System in an Improved, Larger, Central Office. This system will probably be based on a combination of IBM's Watson and Microsoft's Project, Visual Studio and Office 365.
5. Work Together to Promote, Refine, and Implement the MGM&USP. Movements, organizations, groups, and individuals volunteer to work on—or take the lead on—specific National Policies, action plans, and actions that they are interested in.
6. Use Only Non-Violent Means and No Civil Disobedience as described in the Review of a Manual for Nonviolence. Violence will not work and even if it did, another more violent faction would eventually take over.
7. Accomplish Urgent-Priority-Actions ASAP Including Critical Actions From the Following National Policy/Action Plans:
#18 The United States Lead Efforts Worldwide to Take all Nuclear Weapons off Alert and Disable Them. End All Wars, Air and Drone Strikes, Conflicts, Occupations, Use-of-Force, Sanctions, Military Alliances and Empire Building. Apologize and Pay Reparations to Countries Harmed by the U.S. Close Overseas Bases and Bring all Troops and Contractors Home
#20 United Nations with Assistance of United States Accelerate the Sustainability Development Goals and Ensure Everyone in the World Has Basic Necessities of Life and Decent Jobs at Living Wages Rapidly.
#32 All Governments Enact a Progressive Property Tax on the Net Assets of All Individuals, Corporations, Businesses, and Other Entities with More than $1 Million in Net Assets. Provide Generous Tax Deductions Based on Worthiness-of-Charitable Causes Being Supported. Eliminate All Other Taxes and Simplify All Tax Codes. Not only will this provide funding, it will boost the economy and reduce the wealth divide. Everyone—in particular the 1%—should be educated as to the value of such a tax
#1 Ensure Full and Productive Employment and Decent Work for All (SDG 8)–at Living-Wages–Primarily to Provide Affordable Needs-and-Necessities for a Decent Life and to Accomplish the MGM&USP and Decrease The Rate and Degree of Climate Change and Mitigate its Adverse Effects
We will do more than just end war, conflict, and poverty, we will overcome the tough problems and challenges that we face and—given our productivity, technology, and accumulated knowledge—have peace and prosperity for all.
The problems-and-challenges that we face include:
- Over 1500 (Russian and United States) nuclear
warheads are on hair-trigger alert that would kill billions of people if
used. U.S. and NATO officials are provoking Russia along its boarder
- Reform-efforts are grossly-underfunded. For example, the United Nation's
Millennium Goal 1—Eradicate Poverty and Hunger—was only partially successful.
After 15 years, we still have:
17 thousand children dying each day from malnutrition and preventable diseases
836 million people in the world are living in extreme poverty—less than $1.25 a day
- The United Nations' 17-Sustainable Development Goals are fantastic and
apply to all countries. But the target-dates are not ambitious enough
and they are underfunded. For example, one target is "By 2030, end
preventable-deaths of newborns and children under 5-years of age."
However, this should be fully-funded and accomplished ASAP
- Large corporations and companies are not paying their employees enough
money to buy the goods-and-services they produce
- We have the largest wealth-and-income divide of all times. Even though
the 2000-largest corporations and companies have accumulated over 162 trillion
dollars in net-assets (according to Forbes) and even though there are over
2,235 billionaires in the world, the world's economy is on the verge of
collapse. The reason is greed and unwillingness to share their money.
- The U.S. is doing some good things around the world; however, U.S.-Federal-Government
officials have plans to attack other countries and individuals—with
any place in the world. Many U.S.-Federal-Government officials are
also leading efforts to cut corporate taxes, etc.; but have no real plans
to end poverty, homelessness, unemployment and malnutrition. Nor do
they have real plans to stop campaign finance abuses, to conserve resources,
to slow and mitigate the effects of global warming. Nor do they have
real plans to repair-and-modernize infrastructure; etc.
- Many of these millions are working alone or in stove-pipe organizations, are duplicating many efforts, missing some actions and have not had a common-set of plans to work from—until now—the MGM&USP.
We are at a crossroad and despite our hard work, we progressives are behind and will be further behind if we do not work together using this or a similar set of common plans.
If we continue with the current failed militarism, monetary and political systems and allow corporation executives to continue controlling our public servants, institutions and elections, we will have:
1. Increasing worldwide unemployment, poverty, malnutrition, hunger, diseases, homelessness, wealth divide and a massive depression
2. Cuts in Social Security, Medicare, welfare programs and public services
3. Endless wars, occupations, militarism and empire building
4. Increasing global warming, rising sea levels and super storms
5.More torture, abuse, extraordinary renditions, false arrests and non-judicial killings
6. Chronic water and energy shortages, environment degradation and natural resource depletion
Please review the parts of the MGM&USP in which you are interested. Subscribe to receive emails, work on specific Actions or Action-Plans from the Common Agenda with others, and/or have your organization or you become an Equal Partner in the Massive Global Matrix Network and/or read more in the Executive Summary of the MGM&USP
By no means complete, the MGM&USP provides a framework into which additional actions, action-plans, elements and ideas—can easily be inserted.
Please note that all Actions, Action Plans and Elements of the MGM&USP are uniquely numbered making it easy to recommend changes. The digits before the first decimal point is the document number and the digits after the first decimal point identify what the element is e.g. decimal .4 are all actions to be implemented.
I wish to thank all who have contributed to this Massive-Global-Movement and Universal-Strategic-Plan and apologize for not finding the time to acknowledge all the contributors.
It is still a work in progress and by no means complete. It provides a framework into which additional ideas and elements can easily be inserted.
Questions, comments, suggestions, and help —to refine-and-implement the MGM&USP—are welcome and can be forwarded to PeopleNow.org via email RefineThePlan@PeopleNow.org or fax (703) 521-0849.
If we work together, continually refine and implement this Global Movement and Universal-Strategic-Plan, we will have a permanently peaceful, prosperous, just, sustainable world.
Coordinator, Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington, Peace through Justice (GPtJ) Working Group
Coordinator, Veterans for Peace (VFP) Democracy, Constitution, War Powers and Prosecute War Criminals Working Groups
Arlington, VA 22204