To change something create a new model that makes the old one obsolete"
Massive-Global-Movement and Universal-Strategic-Plan
for a Permanently Peaceful, Prosperous, Just, Sustainable World
This website describes the Massive-Global-Movement and Universal-Strategic-Plan (MGM&USP) that provides an overall strategy, common plans, tools, and funding-sources--for everyone in the world who so desires to work on change and reform completely peacefully--using nonviolent-techniques partially described in a Review of a Manual for Nonviolence.
The MGM&USP is not intended to slow or stop ongoing, meaningful work.
The MGM&USP initially focuses on the United States. Parallel Individual-Movements-and-Plans--that mimic the MGM&USP--will be prepared for cities, states, other nations and the United Nations and its related organizations.
Millions of outstanding-individuals around the world are working on change-and-reform--mainly alone or in stove-pipe organizations. But many others are using violence that will definitely not work. But we have not had a common-set of non-violent plans until now--the MGM&USP.
If we work peacefully--together refining and using the MGM&USP--we will do more than end wars, conflicts and poverty--we will have peace and prosperity for all. To have this happen, the MGM&USP shows that--with today's productivity, technology and accumulated knowledge--the tough problems-and-challenges that we face can be overcome.
These problems-and-challenges include:
- Over 1500 Russian and United States nuclear warheads are on
hair-trigger alert that would kill billions of people if used. U.S. and
NATO officials are provoking Russia along their boarder
15,000 children are dying--each day--from malnutrition and preventable diseases
836 million people in the world are living on less than $1.25 a day ($ U.S.)
- Many large corporations and companies are not paying enough money to their employees
and contractees--to buy the goods-and-services that they
produce. But the 2000-largest corporations and companies have accumulated
over 162 trillion dollars in net assets (according to Forbes) meaning
that this all is happending at the same time that we have
the largest wealth-and-income divide of all times--with over 2,235
billionaires in the world--and when the economy is on the verge of collapse
- The U.S. is doing some good things around the world; however, U.S.-Federal-Government officials have plans to attack other countries and individuals--with drones--almost any place in the world. Most U.S.-Federal-Government officials are also leading efforts to cut corporate taxes, etc.; but have no real plans to end poverty, homelessness, unemployment and malnutrition. Nor do they have real plans to stop campaign finance abuses, to conserve resources, to slow and mitigate the effects of global warming. Nor do they have real plans to repair-and-modernize infrastructure; etc.
This Movement and Strategic-Plan:
1. Outlines all significant Actions in one place--the Common Agenda of Actions and Action Plans--that must be accomplished to have a permanently peaceful, prosperous, just, and sustainable world (with related Actions grouped into about three dozen Action-Plans);
2. Requests individuals and organizations add their own Actions and Action-Plans to the Common Agenda and to volunteer to work on--or take the lead on--specific Actions and/or Action-Plans in which they are interested;
3. Includes all organizations and individuals (working on reform) in one place--the Massive Global Matrix Network (MGMN). The MGMN lists individuals by partner-organization, issues, and actions that they are interested in, and their nine-digit zip codes (that define their neighborhoods, communities, cities, states and political districts);
4. Identifies Action-Plans that should be accomplished immediately including:
all Nuclear Weapons off Alert.
End All U.S. Wars, Occupations,
Use of Force, Sanctions, Military Alliances and Empire Building. Apologize
and Pay Reparations to Countries Harmed by the U.S. Close Overseas Bases
and Bring all Troops and Contractors Home
(Action Plan #18)
- Ensure Everyone
in the World has at Least the Basic Necessities-of-Life as Rapidly as
Possible--no Later Than
December 20, 2015 in the U.S.--by Accelerating the UN Millennium and Sustainability
Development Goals (Action Plans #20 and
Jobs at Meaningful-Work and Living-Wages Are Available for All Humankind--primarily to provide affordable
Needs-and-Necessities for a Decent
Life--Now and in the Future
(Action Plan #1)
Prevent an Economic Crisis or Depression,
End the Recession, Nationalize the Federal Reserve, End Foreclosures and
Provide Community Banking (Action Plan #22)
Decrease the Rate and Degree of Global Warming
and Mitigate its Adverse Effects, (Action Plan #25)
Build, Maintain and Operate a Comprehensive, Nationwide-Rail Maglev-Based Transportation System, Integrated with Local and International
Systems that Will Significantly Reduce Automobile and Air Travel
(Action Plan #7)
Disarm, Demilitarize, Phase-Out and Outlaw All Offensive-Weapons and
Standing-Armed Forces. Convert 90% of all Department-of-Defense and
Military-Industrial-Complex (DOD-MIC) Personnel, Resources,
Spending and Contracts for Use for Peaceful-Purposes with Transfers
But No Involuntary-Layoffs (Action Plan #19)
- Build, Maintain and Operate a Comprehensive, Nationwide-Rail Maglev-Based Transportation System, Integrated with Local and International Systems that Will Significantly Reduce Automobile and Air Travel (Action Plan #7)
- Support and Enforce the Rule-of-Law in Particular the International Bill of Human Rights--that includes the Universal Declaration of Human Rights--and the Kellogg-Briand Pact that outlaws all wars and conflicts, and the Geneva Conventions (Action Plan #28)
5. The Summary of Funding-Sources shows that there is more than enough money to do all of this work, and eliminate deficit spending, etc. For example:
- At All Levels of All Governments, Eliminate Income, Sales, Estate, Corporate and All Other Taxes With One Exception--a Progressive Property Tax on the Net Assets of All Individuals, Corporations, Businesses and Other Entities with More than $1 Million in Net Assets. Provide Generous Tax Deductions Based on Worthiness of Charitable Causes Being Supported. Everyone-- in particular the 1%-- should be educated as to the value of such a tax as it is implemented (Action Plan #32)
Ultimately the Action-Plans will be on the web sites of the organizations or individuals taking the lead, refining and implementing one or more of the significant-Actions or Action-Plans with a central office coordinating the prioritizing and sequencing of Actions with an advanced-project management and communication system (probably based on a combination of IBM's Watson and Microsoft's Professional Project).
The Zeitgeist Movement contends that the majority of the problems that plague the human species are "Symptoms" born out of an outdated-social-structure, and calls for the installation of a (completely) new socioeconomic model.
In his book, The Sane Society, Eric Fromm states: "Change must be a simultaneous change in economic, education, political and cultural spheres. Changes restricted to one sphere are destructive of every change."
This all requires hundreds of significant-actions, thousands of tasks and subtasks and change in essentially all “spheres." Also, most of this work must be prioritized and sequenced. The thousands of organizations and millions of individuals (working on reform around the world) need a common-set of plans and ways to coordinate the massive amount of work that must be done./p>
This must be done rapidly and--absolutely--nonviolently. Violence will not work and--even if it did--another more-violent-faction would eventually take over.
By no means complete, the MGM&USP provides a framework into that more--additional actions, action-plans, elements and ideas--can easily be inserted. Questions, comments, suggestions and help--to refine-and-implement the MGM&USP--is welcome and can be forwarded to PeopleNow.org via email RefineThePlan@PeopleNow.org or Volunteer@PeopleNow.org fax 703-521-0849.
President Eisenhower's Warning to America
"In the councils of government, we must guard against
the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the
military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."
—Dwight D. Eisenhower Text of Farewell Address, January 17, 1961
As depicted in Dwight Eisenhower's Warning to America
President Eisenhower's warning has gone unheeded. Wars, poverty and wealth-inequalities unnecessarily persist.
We are at a crossroad and despite our hard work, we progressives are behind and will be further behind if we do not work together using this or a similar set of common plans.
If we continue with the current failed militarism, monetary and political systems and allow corporation executives to continue controlling our public servants, institutions and elections, we will have:
1. Increasing worldwide unemployment, poverty, malnutrition, hunger, diseases, homelessness, wealth divide and a massive depression
2. Cuts in Social Security, Medicare, welfare programs and public services
3. Endless wars, occupations, militarism and empire building
4. Increasing global warming, rising sea levels and super storms
5. More torture, abuse, extraordinary renditions, false arrests and non-judicial killings
6. Chronic water and energy shortages, environment degradation and natural resource depletion
Please review the parts of the MGM&USP in which you are interested. Subscribe to receive emails, work on specific Actions or Action-Plans from the Common Agenda with others, and/or have your organization or you become an Equal Partner in the Global Nonhierarchical Matrix Network and/or read more in the Executive Summary of the MGM&USP
I wish to thank all who have contributed to this Massive Global Movement and Universal Strategic Plan and apologize for not finding the time to acknowledge all the contributors.
It is still a work in progress and by no means complete. It provides a framework into which additional ideas and elements can easily be inserted. Comments, suggestions, and help to refine and implement this plan are welcomed and can be forwarded to PeopleNow.org via email RefineThePlan@PeopleNow.org or fax 703-521-0849.
If we work together, continually refine and implement this Global Movement and Universal Strategic Plan, we will have a permanently peaceful, prosperous, just, sustainable world.
Executive Director, PeopleNow.org
Coordinator, Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington, Peace through Justice (GPtJ) Working Group
Coordinator, Veterans for Peace (VFP) Democracy, Constitution, War Powers and Prosecute War Criminals Working Groups
Arlington, VA 22204